Emily Rodenstein

Values and Goals

Personal Values Statement:

To be more respectful of myself and push myself to try new things.

My Goals

1. A personal goal for me is be more open to changes and not being scared to fail.
  2. An academic goal for me is to put more time and effort into studying and assignments for my classes.

Meeting my personal goals is going to be a struggle for me. I am scared of changes and anything that is new. If I haven’t done something before then I very hesitant being open to it. However, I know that being open to change is very important especially where I am in my life right now. I have to be open to changes and trying things that I have never done before, even if I fail the important thing is that I tired it and I did the best I could. Putting more time and effort into my assignments for my courses is extremely important especially for my grades. However, if I do put more time and effort into my assignments and I go more in depth with them then I will gain a better understanding of them and maybe even have a deeper meaning on the subject. It will be hard to take more time out of my days to study more most because of my job but I want to start to add at least an extra 30 minutes to my study time and hopefully that will let me have more time to go more in depth with my assignments.